A collection of essays, tutorials, guides, explanations, and other miscellanous writings. These are aimed primarily at (1) practitioners not necessarily in the research world, who want to put a research technique into use but are not familiar with all the details of how to do so; and (2) the opposite -- researchers not fully aware of modern software development practices.
- Using Support Vector Machines Effectively: Getting the best performance out of support vector machines (SVMs)
- Effective Use of Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk): Tips and techniques for better usage of Amazon Mechanical Turk for researchers
- Understanding and Using Amazon Web Services (AWS): Basic usage of Amazon Web Services for researchers
- SSH Keys and Other Tips: How to setup and use SSH keys for easily connecting to other machines
- Making Offline Websites Using HTML5: Problems with trying to use HTML to make websites that work without internet access