Lectures (on others' work)
"Taking Vision Into The Wild" (Fall 2011)
A lecture on taking computer vision into the wild, presenting works by Vijayanarasimhan & Grauman (CVPR 2011) and Branson et al. (ICCV 2010). Presented in the CSE 490V (Computer vision seminar) at the University of Washington.
"The Scale-Invariant Feature Transform (SIFT)" (Fall 2007, updated Fall 2010)
A lecture I prepared on David Lowe's Scale-Invariant Feature Transform (SIFT) for COMS 4731 (Computer vision) at Columbia University.
Invited Talks (other than standard conferences)
"Leafsnap - A Computer Vision System for Automatic Plant Species Identification"
UW Aquatic & Fishery Sciences Quantitative Seminar
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA, May 9, 2014
"Leafsnap - Automatic Plant Species Identification"
Digital Media Analysis, Search and Management (DMASM) Workshop
- San Diego, CA, Feb 27, 2012
"Describable Visual Attributes for Face Search and Recognition"
- New York University, New York, NY, Apr 18, 2011
- University of California, Berkeley, CA, Apr 20, 2011
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA, Apr 22, 2011
- University of Texas, Austin, TX, Apr 25, 2011
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, May 10, 2011
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, May 25, 2011
- University of California, San Diego, CA, Feb 29, 2012
- Duke University, Durham, NC, Apr 16, 2012
"Combining Attributes with Low-Level Features for Face Verification"
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD, Oct 1, 2010
"Describable Visual Attributes for Face Search and Verification"
IEEE Conference on Biometrics, Identity and Security (BIdS)
- Tampa, FL, Sep 23, 2009